Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vaporetto!!!

I love the vaporetto....what a way to travel...public transportation by 
boat....ahhhh!
Ok...Ok...I know it can be crowded and you sometimes have to elbow your way thru the crowd to  disembark.  But on the off chance that you board early in the morning or late at night and have the privilege of a front seat...there is nothing that beats this ride.
Early mornings you watch the city wake up...boats unloading at the Rialto markets....shutters open to the morning sun....early commuters stumble onboard.   This is the perfect time for me to grab my
mini-La Fenice tablet and draw.  I usually pick a theme....chimneys....boats....

Late at night?
 I love to become the ultimate voyeur...dreams come alive on the tar black water.































No comments:

Post a Comment