Monday, April 2, 2012

Maps of Venice


I love maps!!
I have a drawerful of maps of Venice.
But over the years I've narrowed it down to a few favorites.




Rough Guide map is my all time favorite map!!
It's the most detailed, portable map.
It's made of a material that is virtually impossible to destroy.... it's waterproof and fold-proof...I haven't tried burning it.....
I've folded this thing at least a trillion times. In fact, I fold it down to a tiny square and jam it in my pocket.
The only down side...they are getting more and more difficult to find.
sigh....



Calli, Campielli e Canali is the motherlode of all Venetian maps....
it's actually a book....225 pages.

NOT portable....but necessary to look up every calli in town.
I have so much fun exploring this book...but it's impossible to drag around.
In fact, I usually don't even bring it to Venice....it just weighs too much!



The Illustrated Venice Map is really fun and has great detail....but it's paper....
and paper tears after it's been refolded a dozen or so times. Plus this map
has one of those hard covers that is glued onto a corner...making it impossible to fold down to a tiny square.


Do you have a favorite map of Venice?....please share with me!!
After all I'm a girl that can't have too many maps!


No comments:

Post a Comment