Sunday, August 26, 2012

Artillery shell ~ Palazzo Albrizzi

The artillery shell hit Palazzo Albrizzi during the Revolution of 1848-1849.
It was later mounted on the wall with an inscription by Gabriele d'Annunzio, who proclaimed
"eternal enmity" toward the Austrians.

Palazzo Albrizzi is located in a campiello Albrizzi....San Polo.
Location of Campiello Albrizzi on map.

No comments:

Post a Comment