Monday, February 27, 2012

Restaurants.......

Here is a plate of some of my favorites from Tonolo Pasticceria.
It's located in Dorsoduro...just steps from Impronta Cafe. I usually have lunch at the cafe and then stagger down the calle to Tonolo to get a few days supply of sweets.
Their coffee is terrific too!
Calle San Pantalon 3764- Dorsoduro.
041-523-7209

*************************
****************
**********
****
*








(To find all my restaurant posts go to the bottom of any post that features a restaurant and click on LABELS: - Restaurants. All my restaurants will come up. It's located at the very bottom left.)


One of my favorite neighborhood places is Impronta Cafe.
It's in Dorsoduro....just steps from Tonolo. (I'll get around to talking about Tonolo in another post...promise.)
It's a perfect spot for lunch.
It has a trendy vibe, not off-putting in the I'm-not-trendy- enough-vibe....but a slightly modern twist to the decor that plays nicely off the older-than-god building.

Several wines are offered by the glass...including a couple of dessert wines...my favorite Moscato.
A nice blend of patrons....university types....tourists in the know...young...older. I like to get there on the early side of lunch hour...it fills up fast and of course no one is in a rush to leave.
What do we usually order?
They have a fabulous selection of salads...which is not the norm in Venice.
Sandwiches are great and my favorite....cheese ravioli with an artichoke puree and sprinkled with pine nuts and asiago. OMG good.
Geeze now I've done it...starting a craving I can't fulfill til next November.
If I'm not starving I'll order the cheese plate that comes with some type of fruity jam surprise.....and of course I just have to have a sweet wine with my cheese....and that is where the Moscato comes into play.
I recently dropped by for breakfast.
Welll...breakfast Italian style.

Roll/pastry and some type of coffee.
It was dynamite....had a great flaky, warm, chocolate croissant that could rival any I've had in Paris. My cappucino?....perfect roast with the creamiest of froths.
Now I have another choice for a great, quick breakfast.



1 comment:

  1. Can you use Labels and just Label all the Restaurant Suggestions as such? Another idea would be to use Blogger's feature of Pages~Have one page where you add the links to the specific posts as you write them. The Pages remain at the top of the blog. For example, I have a Simple Living Page and a Tea Time page, I think.

    ReplyDelete